Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tamazine says I need to update daily, so here's an update :)

I have two jobs now and work a lot. I still work at the hotel, mostly just to help out, and because I would feel horrible quitting during the busiest part of the year. The only good thing that came out of that job is Vicki, my only friend in Rockaway.

My other job, on the other hand.... Amazing. I love it. Anyone who knows me knows I flourish under pressure. And there's a lot of pressure there. Its a very fast paced, go-go-go place. You hit the ground running and don't stop until you drop into your car to drive home.
BUT... They love me. They really do. I'm kinda hard to get worked up, and I move on fast. I came in and asked to learn everything, and I watch the owners alot to see what stresses them out, and then I work to stop that from happening.

Just this last Saturday one of my bosses couldnt walk because he had a really really bad infection, and his wife is massively pregnant. Saturday is the busiest day for us. $100's in tips. I punched out and drove him to the ER and sat with him for hours. Spent my whole night there with him. I lost alot of money, but short time loss, long term gain.

I'm away from home alot, and I dont like that. But most weekends the Chauns go to Vancouver, so I work all night, sleep for a few hours and then work at the hotel in the morning and get back to work at 3. It keeps me busy and happy while they are gone.

Chaun is growing up so fast. He talks really well, and loves taking care of the three kitties we are fostering. He really wants to keep one, Clover, and I am for it. She seems to like his rough cuddles. He makes her stay with him when he watches a movie, and she actually falls asleep on him. Its super cute. I love the runt, Mara. She used to be the ugliest cat ever, but now she is a very soft grey and orange. :) She loves me.

Thats all I got right now Tamazine, I'll probably edit and add pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment